Senior Art Exhibition Opening Reception – April 23
Hiram College seniors will display their artwork on campus one last time for the Senior Art Exhibition, which runs April 23-May 14, 2014. An opening reception will be held from 5-7 p.m. on April 23, 2014, at the Gelbke Art Gallery.
The following students will exhibit their work:
- Laila Almassri, biomedical humanities major from Parma, delves into her multicultural background and the tensions that arise from being a Muslim woman in America in her series of mixed media drawings.
- Abbey Corbett, art major from Ravenna, presents paintings that address the negative effects of social media on the Millennial generation.
- Dawn Richards, art major from Burton, in a series of paintings based on her military service, expresses her informed perspective on the ideals and realities of service to one’s country.
- Elle Rochford, art major from Akron, develops an anatomical analogy between the human body and landscape in her mixed media “maps.”
- Lydia Snyder, art major from Spring Hills, Pa., investigates the inside versus outside nature of the world through an organic, interactive installation piece.
- A’Dreus Young, art major from Columbus, deals with the world of dreams and nightmares using a visual process of chance and abstraction.
- Niesha Zeigler, art major from Euclid, invites viewers to escape into surreal landscapes, through composite photography.
The Gelbke Fine Arts Gallery is located in the Gelbke Fine Arts Center at 12000 Winrock Drive, Hiram, Ohio 44234. Gallery hours are 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Learn more about art at Hiram College.
Tagged art, class of 2014, hiram class of 2014, hiram seniors, senior art exhibition