Photos: Student Work Shines at Annual Juried Show
The 2014 Annual Juried Student Art Show is on display through April 9, and winners of the awards have been announced as the following:
- The Alex and Tamara Brady Pendleton Best in Show Award ($250): series of six photographs by Niesha Zeigler ’14 (art major)
- The Paul A. Rochford Award for excellence ($150): pair of photographs by Emily Packer ’14 (creative writing major)
- The Ellen Jagow Award for Painting ($150): a body of work , oil painting on canvas and board by Dawn Richards ’14 (art major)
- The Abigail Flint Award for Photography ($150): pair of photographs by Lydia Snyder ’14 (art/theatre arts double major)
- The Award for Outstanding Work by Freshmen or Sophomore ($150): pair of photographs by Rachel Buchleitner ’16 (art major)
- Juror’s Mention ($50): Abbey Corbett ’14 (art major), Colin Guérand ’17, and Elle Rochford ’14 (art major)
- The Art History Book Award: A’Dreus Young ’14 (art major)
- The Pia Gallo ’78 Print Award: Elle Rochford ’14 (art major)
Many of the pieces are on sale and can be purchased through the Art Department.
During exhibitions, the gallery is open Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call 330-569-5304 to confirm as gallery hours are occasionally subject to change.
Learn more about art at Hiram College.
View a full set of photos on Flickr.
Tagged art, hiram art show, juried art show